Signs of Human Trafficking (Sex Trafficking) include:
- A teenage girl uses cash to rent a room with an older man
- Girls going in/out of the room are wearing mostly provocative clothing and shoes
- People going in and out of a room/hotel/home throughout the day and night (similar to if a home or place is drug-related)
- You notice the girl does not seem to have control of her own money/cell phone. She is guarded by the man or controlled by him.
- Something does not feel right
Listen to your instincts! You have them for a reason!
If you see something, say something. Don’t hesitate. You could save a life and help restore a person’s dignity, hope, and freedom.
You can call the National Trafficking Hotline at 1-888-373-7888 or Houston’s Trafficking Helpline at 713.322.8000.